Thursday 2 July 2009

Review by Robin Butler

Title of book: Getting Better
Author: Marie McNamara
Plot: This is a story of someone’s journey and their road to learning through education.
Main characters: Marie McNamara is a person who wanted to learn and found some help through going to the Job Centre. I started my road to learning in a very similar way.
The setting: The setting takes place in her personal life and the illustrations helped tell the story.
The style: It was written in a very easy way for others to understand. It also goes into detail about her personal life through her road to learning.
The best bits: The story line was very easy to understand and the illustrations were really nice.
Anything you would have changed: Acronyms (NIACE) should be explained.
Who is this book most suitable for?: I think this book is suitable for anyone who have problems with reading and writing.
Your opinion: I felt that I connected with Marie as I myself have started the same journey. It was nice to find at the end of the book that Marie is a real person and is now studying to become a nurse.
Your rating: 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds very good. I would like to read this book.

    ReplyDelete