Thursday 2 July 2009

Review by Jaye Glee


Title of book: Pam’s Secret
Author: Margaret Adams
Plot: It’s about a woman called Pam who works in a supermarket called Asco. She puts the bread on the shelves. She works with another woman called Jenny. Pam has a fixation on her boss.
Main characters : Pam who is very secretive; Jenny who sometimes works alongside Pam and is nasty and manipulative; Dan, one of the workers who was able to tell Pam the truth. I could identify with him.
The setting: A supermarket called Asco.
The style: The book was written in simple language because it would be easy to read. It wasn’t very descriptive but the conversation was fine. Many emotions were explored – friendship turned to betrayal; jealousy; anger; loneliness; secrecy; stealing and cheating; playing on someone’s emotions; being demeaned and laughed at.
The best bits: I enjoyed the part of Jenny – she played up to Pam and pretended to be something other than herself.
Anything you would have changed: I would like to put Jenny in Pam’s place and watch her reactions.
Who is this book most suitable for?: I think it would be good for younger people and older people, especially if they find reading difficult.
Your opinion: I did enjoy the story very much. I enjoyed Pam, holding her fantasy of belief and I also liked Jenny, who was pretending to be interested, yet robbed someone else’s fixation. I would recommend it to men or women who have a lot of emotional difficulties. It comes across in a simple way. I would be interested to read another book by the same author.
Your rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment